About Me

I am an all-platform journalist. I can write, shoot, edit and report compelling stories; but my journey to this point, has been eventful.

I've always enjoyed interacting with people, so journalism was a natural choice. While in college, I chose to involve myself in organizations that gave me opportunities to do this. I served as my sorority's chapter president, organized several community service activities and published my chapter's first monthly newsletter. I also interned at my university's closed circuit television station JSU-TV23, where I served as morning anchor and production assistant.

After completing my undergraduate degree at Jackson State University in Jackson, MS, I left for Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism in Evanston, IL, to broaden my journalistic horizons.

While at Northwestern, I had the pleasure of being surrounded by great journalists; all of whom actively taught me "how" to be a journalist. They taught me that journalism is something to be "done" not just "studied." I pounded the streets in Chicago and Washington D.C. searching for compelling stories that revealed the human experience.

I reported on topics ranging from the foreclosure crisis in Chicago to the raging health care debate on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C. During this time, I encountered people on the verge of losing their homes and people living without any or very limited insurance coverage. To hear these stories and see these faces, was an humbling experience.

This is why I believe that journalism is not just a career choice, but a calling to help those without the ability to help themselves. My work shows this desire, and I look forward to sharing my passion for being a voice for the voiceless with others.